My Grandma has always loved baking treats for her grandkids. Another one of my favorite recipes from my Grandma are her lemon bars. I have been baking these lemon bars for years and many people have commented on how much they like them.
You will need the following: flour, sugar, powdered sugar (confectioners’ sugar), baking powder, butter, eggs, lemons or lemon juice. I recently started making the lemon bars with freshly squeezed lemon juice and found the taste to be better than using the lemon juice in a bottle.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- ½ cup + 1 tablespoon powdered sugar (confectioners' sugar)
- 2 cups flour
- 4 eggs
- 1¾ cups granulated sugar
- ⅓ cup lemon juice
- ⅓ cup flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- powdered sugar (confectioners' sugar)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (177°C)
- Cream the butter. Add powdered sugar and flour and mix well until it is grainy.
- Put batter for crust into a 9"x13" pan and press down, trying to make certain crust is even.
- Bake crust for 20min. Crust should be lightly brown on the edges
- Towards the end of the baking time for the crust, put eggs, granulated sugar, lemon juice, flour, and baking powder in a blender and blend very well.
- Pour filling over crust and bake for 25min.
- Allow lemon bars to cool. Once cooled, dust with powdered sugar and cut into bars.
I had been looking for something to use to dust the lemon bars with powdered sugar and one of my sisters got the following shaker for me which has worked very well.