Recipe type: Entree
- 2# Ground chuck or Hamburger
- 1(16) oz. can Refried Beans
- 2 LG. cans of Mild Enchilada Sauce
- 9-8" or 12" Tortillas
- 2-1/2C. Shredded Cheddard or Mexican Cheese
- Toppings: Lettuce, Sour Cream, Tomatoes, Salsa, and Scallions
- Cook and drain meat
- add beans to meat and cook 5 minutes longer
- In the bottom of a 9x13" baking dish pour 1c. enchilada sauce
- Next, line with 3 tortillas . (I use two whole tortillas in the middle and one halved for the ends.)
- Add ½ of the meat and bean mix
- Top this with 1c. of the cheese
- Next, is the sauce again, followed by 3 tortillas, again the meat mixture and cheese.
- Top this with the last 3 tortillas.
- Add the rest of the Enchilada sauce.
- Top with the ½c. of cheese that is left.
- Cover with foil and bake 30 minutes.
- Uncover the last 10 minutes. Cut a nice size piece and use toppings.