Coconut Oil Candy
Recipe type: Candy
Serves: 25 pieces
This is a really low carb item, but, for those watching fat grams, this is a little high, although the Extra Virgin Coconut Oil does have a lot of benefits. Don't be afraid to try this.
- 1 cup Extra Virgin Coconut Oil (EVCO)
- 1 cup Cocoa
- 1 cup Oatmeal
- 1 cup Freshly ground Flax Meal
- ¼ cup ground walnuts
- ½ cup Shredded Coconut
- ½ cup Raw Honey
- Set the measuring cup of EVCO in some hot water to melt it into a liquid.
- While the oil is melting, stir all other dry ingredients together.
- When melted, add the EVCO to the dry ingredients.
- Add the honey and stir everything well.
- Set the bowl of candy in a cool place or into a larger bowl of very cold water.
- When the contents start to firm up, spoon out onto a sheet of wax paper on a cookie sheet or tray and place that into a refrigerator or cool area.
- Always use Extra Virgin oil. It has had less damage from the extraction process.
- Grind you own Flax meal. The Omega 3 oils are highly polyunsaturated and will turn into lipid peroxides over time. A low cost $30.00 coffee grinder does a good job.
- Keep the candy in a refrigerator or other cold area so it does not melt on warm days. Of course, it’s always possible that the batch won’t last long enough to melt.